When it comes to budgeting expenses, most homeowners and commercial property owners in Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and surrounding areas in Central Florida are all ears! Between necessities, utilities, and home expenses, it seems we are always dishing out money. One of the best ways to save a buck throughout the year, while helping the environment, is investing in water-saving toilets for your home.
Water-efficient toilets must meet both performance and efficiency criteria to be stamped with an approved Water Sense label.
How much water does a water-efficient toilet use?
A water-efficient toilet utilizes much less water than the average toilet. Since the main source of water being used in your home (a whopping 30%) is your toilets, finding a way to cut this down is necessary from an economical and environmental standpoint.
Water efficient toilets use 1.28 gallons or less per flush! Compared to a standard toilet, that is significantly less per flush.
Old toilets used to use anywhere from 3.5 to 7 gallons of water per flush. Now, per Federal plumbing standards, toilets can no longer flush more than 1.6 gallons of water per flush.
3 types of water-saving toilets available.
There are three different categories of water-saving toilets available on the market today for residents and business owners.
- Single flush toilets - These use 1.6 gallons per flush and operate as a normal toilet would.
- Pressure-assist toilets - These are most commonly found in hotels, restaurants, and commercial spaces. Pressure-assist toilets use a strong flush action, paired with the force of compressed air, to push your waste out and clean the bowl, all while utilizing approximately 1 gallon per flush.
- Dual-flush toilets - These toilets offer a dual flush option of 1.6 gal/0.8 gal. The larger amount of water is used to flush solids while the small amount of water is used to flush liquids.
Pros and cons of having a water-saving toilet.
Before installing your new water-saving toilets, there are a few pros and cons to consider.
- They are low maintenance. Water-saving toilets tend to have fewer problems and break less frequently. This means fewer repair bills on your toilets!
- They improve your property value. Whether you are looking to sell now or later, adding water-saving toilets make for a more efficient and modern looking home, which are hot commodities on the market today.
- They are designed to use a lot less water per flush, which means they can save homeowners as much as 35 gallons a day!
- Aesthetically, water-saving toilets are more modern and chic.
- Eco-friendly toilets are more expensive than other models on the market today. They can cost homeowners $400 or more to install per toilet.
- It may not save you water or money if you have to flush multiple times to clean the bowl. Less water means more chances of waste being stuck on the inside of the toilet.
- Buildup and clogs in the pipes are more common with Eco-friendly toilets due to lack of pressure and water flow.
What are the financial savings to homeowners?
Homeowners can save money with their water-efficient toilets. The average family can reduce water consumption by 20-60%, which is roughly 13,000 gallons of water. Financially families can see a savings of over $100 per year on water costs and approximately $2,000 or more on the lifetime of the toilet.
Nationally, Americans could save over 500 billion gallons per year of water consumption if all toilets were replaced by more efficient varieties. Not only would homeowners be saving money, but they would also be practicing smart water conservation in the process.
Consult with our professionals about installing eco-friendly toilets in communities surrounding Plant City, Lakeland, and Winter Haven, FL.
No matter what your choice is, True Plumbers & AC is always available to assist in installing or repairing your water-efficient toilets for residents and businesses in Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and surrounding communities. Call (863) 667-6364 and consult with our professional staff to help you determine the best eco-friendly toilet model for your needs!
Let's hear your thoughts.
We want to hear your opinion, let us know what you think!
Thanks for your comment!
Thanks for your feedback! Your comments have been successfully submitted! Please note, all comments require admin approval prior to display.
Error submitting comment!
There is a problem with your comment, please see below.
Share This Post!
Did you enjoy reading this post? Share it with others.