Air Conditioning Repairs in Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and Other Nearby Areas in Central Florida.
Reliable technicians complete air conditioning repairs quickly and advise you if it is time for replacement.
Hot. Humid. Muggy. Living in central Florida can be wonderful, but it can be a challenge to keep cool in our climate. It’s hard to imagine life without an air conditioner, so what do you do when it breaks down?
True Plumbers & AC does more than just plumbing. We also install, repair, and provide maintenance for residential and commercial air conditioners in Florida communities in eastern Hillsborough County, southeastern Pasco County, and Polk County.
Is your air conditioner on the fritz?
Our repair experts will perform a complete inspection of the air conditioning unit, including coils, filters, electrical, thermostat, and refrigerant. From there, we will explain our findings and discuss your options.
Our repairs are fast, efficient, and effective, and we can recommend a maintenance schedule to help avoid future problems. You can also rest easy knowing our technicians are licensed and have the experience to handle all of your repair needs.
Common Air Conditioning Problems We See
While it’s clear that you should call a technician when your unit stops working entirely, it’s also worth calling us if you notice that you’re not getting enough cool air or you hear an unusual noise.
Air conditioners stop working, or run less efficiently, for a variety of reasons.
- Mold buildup – Mold does build up inside air conditioning units with lesser use, particularly in the winter. Cranking your A/C up in the summer months, you may notice a moldy smell. While you may not have the more dangerous black mold (Stachybotrys chartarum) growing in your system, breathing any mold spores do have the potential to cause breathing issues in your home. We're professionals at removing mold from your air conditioning system.
- Clogged or dirty air filters – A critical component of an air conditioning unit is the filter. Over time, these filters become dirty or clogged, which causes your unit to work harder. This leads to a higher energy bill and potential for damage.
- Refrigerant leaks – Signs of refrigerant leaks includes warmer air coming out of the register, water under the unit, ice on coils, or even a hissing sound. A refrigerant leak means your house simply won’t cool effectively.
- Dirty evaporator coils – A properly functioning evaporator coil, like the filter, is critical to your unit. This can also accumulate dirt and needs to be cleaned periodically.
- Clogged drain lines – Part of the air conditioning process involves condensation, and drain lines carry the water away from the unit (and your house). A clogged drain line can potentially lead to water damage, not to mention damage your unit.
Should your A/C unit be repaired or replaced?
If your air conditioner is struggling, you may be wondering whether it’s time to replace. Our technicians can assess the situation and advise on the next steps.
There are many factors involved in A/C service and repairing versus replacing. A large or more expensive issue may not necessarily mean it’s time to replace. Alternatively, minor issues may require more than it seems on the surface.
Don’t live in the Florida heat with a broken air conditioner. Contact us today.
Our company is one of the top-rated A/C specialist in the central Florida area. We perform air conditioning repairs efficiently without sacrificing quality, and you won’t have to wait long for repairs. We provide A/C services to Plant City, Lakeland, Winter Haven, and nearby areas. Call us today at (863) 667-6364 to schedule a service appointment.